A few things, just some general housekeeping:
- WitS has an official Twitter now–not just my personal Twitter–which means if you want a nice clean TL with WitS updates but without all the extra stuff from me, you got it! @warintheshade on Twitter is your place.
- There’s also a RedBubble! Not much on there now but keep your eye on it for prints and sundry! (https://www.redbubble.com/people/toastyhat?asc=u)
- I’m hoping to get some little things fixed–make it so you can click the pages to move forward, and also so you don’t have to scroll down past the banner when you click next… Gonna have to ask a friendquaintance for coding help. =v=
- WordPress has done some stuff and now the pages are automatically smaller?? Is this a concern for anyone? Is it better? Worse?? I’m trying to figure out whether I should change it back or let it be.
- Also, I need a new Patreon video. That’s mostly unrelated though.
Thank you all so much for reading!! We’re leaving on a tense note…Cross has convinced Ada to double down on her bad decision, Khimaera’s stress levels are through the roof, and all Kaursson and Chazei’s progress seems to have been undone!
This is gonna be some party…
Now that the chapter is over, it’s time for another Q&A! Curious about a plot thing? Want some worldbuilding info? Got a pressing question for one of the characters? Leave your questions here, on the WitS Extras blog!
We’ll also be kicking off with one gorgeous piece of guest art that I’ve been waiting all chapter to share with y’all! It’s gonna be a real good time. ❤ WitS proper will return with its usual update schedule on 10/29/’18, or on the 22nd for my wonderful supporters on Patreon, who will be two updates ahead as usual.
There are now two War in the Shade art collections available to buy (for $5 each) on Gumroad! Overall that makes 100+ pages of extra content, from research to VERY early sketches to clothing/environment/character concepts to story doodles to teasers about the future… And just random sketches, because I love drawing my characters! So anyway, if you want to support War in the Shade, this is a great way to do it!
I had wanted to post these as actual filler pages in between the chapters but I seem to have forgotten to! I’m hoping to make an “Extras” page where I can link to this stuff, but while I’m getting that sorted, here’s the archive of WitS Q&A on tumblr:
Showing newest first! It should be noted that the entirety of old answers may no longer be entirely canonical, especially when it comes to backstory stuff. Anything that hasn’t been solidified as canon in-comic is constantly shifting!! Webcomics are like that, apparently.
(Or, at least, I’m excited for it!)
I’ve drawn all the remaining pages in Chapter 3, so until I’ve posted all of it I’ll be doing weekly updates! I think that’s another four weeks of pages, and I’m super excited to share them!! As usual, Patreon will be getting week-early updates, which means that tomorrow patron’s will see the update for the 17th, and so on and so forth.
After that, I’ll do the customary two-week break during which I do my Q&A (it’s possible there will be fresh questions after this chapter, and if not I can always send some to myself, haha!)
Thanks for reading!! ^O^
Kickin off this website has been kind of stressful for me but I’m hoping in the end it’ll work out! It feels nice to finally have my own website for a comic!!